Hi,

I'm new to the developer list so I don't know whether this has already
been discussed here.

One thing I encounter frequently is that I have tons of open buffers,
especially also from different projects, and I would like to switch
between sets of windows very quickly.  It would be great if Vim had a
feature that allowed me to bind the current layout of windows (buffers
contained, positions + dimensions, etc.) to a key.  Jumping between
projects would then be really easy.

One can, of course, use several terminals and start multiple
Vim-instances in them, but this is inconvenient, because one cannot
easily share data between them (registers, etc.).

It seems to me that this feature should be fairly easy to implement.
Any suggestions on how to approach this problem?

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Mottl        http://www.ocaml.info        [EMAIL PROTECTED]