On 7/23/06, Yakov Lerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But the message is *not* wrapped before 'showcmd'
area! The message overwrites past columns (&co-12)! The "reserved" area
is *not* reserevd! This makes this artificial "Press Enter" after 1-line
message a bug, I think.  What do you say?

That's what I figured too.  But when "Press Enter" appears and you
press Enter or begin a command, the stuff will disappear and you get
back your 'showcmd' area.

There can't be any text lingering in the 'showcmd' area after a
command echoes something, but the 'showcmd' area can begin to show a
command even though the text echoed lingers.  (This is what I figured
was the reasoning for the current behavior.)

BTW this "Press Enter" after 1-line messages is a hassle for scripte writers.

Agreed.

 nikolai