On 8/7/06, Luis P Caamano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just uploaded to vim.org a script to provide GNU ChangeLog support
like emacs.  I'll appreciate reviews, comments and suggestions.

Could you perhaps elaborate on why this script exists?  If you could
list the differences from the default changelog plugin, I'll gladly
add any missing features to the one distributed with Vim.  (Not that I
can think of any...)

The only real difference I could spot was the ChangeLog-searching
algorithm.  I suppose this is a feature we can use, and Emacs does it
this way as well, according to add-change-log-entry (around line 474
in add-log.el).

By the way, I don't think you can place this in the public domain.
The scripts are distributed with the Vim license, so that still
applies (well, you can substitute for a compatible one, I believe, but
I don't see why you'd do that), and as you're basing your work on the
work on a script distributed with Vim, that license still applies (and
I haven't given you permission to use another one).

 nikolai