On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 01:38:11 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> [ Forwarded to vim-dev, as requested by Bram. Consider both the patch
>   and the suggested default change as RFCs ]
>
> Hi Bram,
>   could you please consider the attached patch for filetype.vim? It
> provides better recognition of 'tex' filetypes against 'plaintex' ones.
> It looks for sectioning commands that are specific to latex (\part,
> \section, \paragraph, ...).

I don't think this is correct: these commands can be defined (and
therefore appear) in plain TeX documents too (defined by the document
writer), and they are defined by other TeX formats too (eplain and
AMS-TeX, for example). Moreover, LaTeX requires these to appear before
\begin{document}: in a LaTeX document there is some possibility of
them appearing before only within a definition or somesuch, in which
case \newcommand & similia will appear before.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Hic manebimus optime