On 9/30/06, Georg Dahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled:
Hi!

Bram Moolenaar wrote:
>       &/      search for the Visually selected text forward
>       &?      same, backward
>
> Is there a good alternative?

I think, this is ok. For the moment I have the following lines
vnoremap <expr> * <SID>VisualSearch('*')
vnoremap <expr> # <SID>VisualSearch('#')

I also use 'vmap * ...' and 'vmap # ...' to search for
text that is visual selection.In my mapping, all special chars
in visual selection are quoted to make them literal.

I think there can be two variants for search for visual selection:

1) treat visual selection as pattern
2) treat visual selection as literal text

Yakov