On 9/30/06, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sometimes people ask me for a command to search for the text that is
currently visually selected.  You could add a mapping for the '/' key,
but then you lose the possibility to extend the visual area by
searching for a pattern.

Since we might need more commands in Visual mode later, and we only have
a few keys left to be used, we need to use two key combinations for
new commands in Visual mode.

I think we can start using the '&' key.  Currently it doesn't do
anything.  For now we could add the commands:

        &/      search for the Visually selected text forward
        &?      same, backward

Do Ctrl-K/ Ctrl-K? do something in visual mode ?

Yakov