Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> I fell by chance on http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets , the
> official list of character set names and aliases allowable on the Internet.
>
> Only names (with their aliases) are listed there, with bibliographical links
> to various sources.
>
> Maybe that URI should be mentioned for info somewhere near ":help
> encoding-values", what do you think?

This is a list for the internet.  It can be useful for Vim too
sometimes.  But we can also use other sources and be a bit more flexible
with aliases.  I think the link isn't very useful for Vim users.  We can
only say that it's a list of encoding names, not what to do with them.

--
In a world without walls and borders, who needs windows and gates?