On 18 Dec 2006, at 15:15 , A.J.Mechelynck wrote:

What is your problem? After I compile Vim, if
        src/vim --version |more (on Unix-like systems)
or
        src\vim --version |more (on Dos-like systems)
        src\gvim
                :version
                :q

Thanks Tony.
I don't have problem with Vim :) I'm doing research on system manageability, and I'm experimenting how an app behaves on different systems/different versions. Vim is sth I use every day, so I thought starting from it. make test is something I really appreciate, since I can run then automatically.

I would also need older versions. How to/where from obtain them?

Cheers,
Nikola