On 4/9/07, Charles E Campbell Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> The manSubHeading is defined as
>
> syn match  manSubHeading      "^\s\{3\}[a-z][a-z ]*[a-z]$"
>
> This will, however, match more lines than I think is intended.

> Anyone have any insight into this issue?

I suggest bringing up syntax highlighting issues for a specific filetype
with the syntax highlighting file's maintainer.
In this case, by looking at syntax/man.vim, its:  Gautam H. Mudunuri
<gmudunur AT informatica.com>.

Or, as the file mentions four lines down, Johannes Tanzler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, who was responsible for this particular
rule.  However, I reasoned that someone with better knowledge than
myself of the output format of manual pages could jump in and correct
me or, better yet, confirm my change.  I would then be in a position
to post a patch to the maintainer.  If the maintainer or the person
responsible for this particular rule has subscribed to this list, then
they would also benefit from this discussion.  Sure, I could have
Cc:ed the responsible parties right away, but I figured that if they
don't subscribe to this list they don't want bothersome emails about
syntax-highlighting definitions that don't have a conclusion to an
issue at hand.

Some further digging has revealed that what manSubHeading tries to
match is lines marked as ".SS", that is "Subsection Heading", and that
groff and nroff formats these lines with an indent of three spaces, so
my initial suspicion was correct.  I'll therefore contact the
appropriate parties with a unified diff.

 nikolai