On 4/20/07, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/11/07, Bob Hiestand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The attached patch very simply implements the following from the todo:

> 7   There is no way to change directory and go back without changing the local
>     and/or global directory.  Add a way to find out if the current window uses
>     a local directory.  Add cdcmd() that returns ":cd" or ":lcd"?

If you agree, and nobody has something to say on this, can you change
your patch?

Wait!  I have a comment!  Isn't this todo just a subset of

6   Add ":cdprev": go back to the previous directory.  Need to remember a
   stack of previous directories.  We also need ":cdnext".

with local directory alternatives as well?  One could then change
directory and simply pop the top of the cd stack when one is done.  Of
course, this could quite easily be implemented in VimScript if builtin
commands could be overridden, like :cd and :lcd.  Then one could
maintain a stack with a VimScript list.

An alternative, seeing as how we've already discussed overriding
builtin commands and my side of the argument lost, would be to add a
DirectoryChanged autocommand.  Then one could at least implement
:Cdprev and :Cdnext.

I'm probably missing something here, but I can't see what it is.

 nikolai