Am Sonntag 06 Mai 2007 schrieb Yakov Lerner:
> On 5/6/07, Martin Krischik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I tried to build vim7.1 from svn. But all I get from usual
> > > svn location (https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/vim7), is
> > > vim 7.0.236. Will vim7.1 be served at this localtion eventually ?
> >
> > That is probalby because the svn server is a mess.
>
> I have to disagree. The svn maintainer does valuable service
> to the community. The svn service is really stable, unlike the cvs server.
> I'd like to really thank the svn updater for keeping the svn updated.

Of course the svn maintainer do valuable service. But you can do valuable
service and still do it wrong (in which case you can de more with less
effort).

Compare the following svn archives - most of which I picked from the Sourforge
homepage (top ten, most active etc. pp):

http://open-image.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/open-image/
http://gnuada.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gnuada/
http://uiq3.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/uiq3/
http://adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/adempiere/
http://phpmyadmin.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/phpmyadmin/
http://pidgin.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pidgin/
http://zk1.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/zk1/
http://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vim/

All but two have at least /trunk /branch /tag - some more. One is more
simplistic and has got only  /trunk /releases. Only the vim svn archive has
no space for tags, braches or releases.

Martin
--
Martin Krischik