On 5/8/07, Yakov Lerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/8/07, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yakov Lerner wrote:
>
> > On 5/5/07, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Announcing:  Vim (Vi IMproved) version 7.1a BETA
> >
> > I compared runtime files form ftp [1] and from svn [2].
> > Both vims are labeled vim71a. But many runtimes are different.
> > In svn, many files are labeled 2007. In ftp, they are 2006 versions.
> > Why this difference in runtimes ?
> >
> > Yakov
> > [1] ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unstable/unix/vim-7.1a.tar.bz2
> > [2] https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/vim7
>
> Do I need to hunt down the differences?  Please give a specific example.
> What "label" are you talking about?

At closer examination, differences turned out to be in $Id..$, $Revision..$
$Date...$ lines only, except for one file which has read differences:

These tags are automatically updated when the files are committed into
the cvs repository. So it's very normal that the cvs versions are
different from Bram's local versions.

runtime/autoload/spellfile.vim -- see diffs below.
By "labels" I meant the cvs  $Id...$ keywords and other $..$ keywords.
Full diffs are attached. Diffs are produced by the script diff-vim-ftp-svn.sh,
also attached.

diff -r --exclude=.svn
/var/tmp/vim-untar/vim71a/runtime/autoload/spellfile.vim
/var/tmp/vim-svn/vim7/runtime/autoload/spellfile.vim
3c3
< " Last Change:        2006 Aug 29
---
> " Last Change:        2007 May 06
60a61
>     " Remember the buffer number, we check it below.
61a63
>     let newbufnr = winbufnr(0)
67c69,88
<       g/^/d
---
>       " Careful: Nread() may have opened a new window for the error message,
>       " we need to go back to our own buffer and window.
>       if newbufnr != winbufnr(0)
>       let winnr = bufwinnr(newbufnr)
>       if winnr == -1
>         " Our buffer has vanished!?  Open a new window.
>         echomsg "download buffer disappeared, opening a new one"
>         new
>         setlocal bin
>       else
>         exe winnr . "wincmd w"
>       endif
>       endif
>       if newbufnr == winbufnr(0)
>       " We are back the old buffer, remove any (half-finished) download.
>         g/^/d
>       else
>       let newbufnr = winbufnr(0)
>       endif

73c94
<       bwipe!
---
>       exe newbufnr . "bwipe!"
99,101c120
<       if getline(2) !~ 'VIMsug'
<         echo 'Sorry, downloading failed'
<       else
---
>       if getline(2) =~ 'VIMsug'
103a123,136
>         set nomod
>       else
>         echo 'Sorry, downloading failed'
>         " another window.
>         if newbufnr != winbufnr(0)
>           let winnr = bufwinnr(newbufnr)
>           if winnr != -1
>             exe winnr . "wincmd w"
>           endif
>         endif
>         if newbufnr == winbufnr(0)
>           set nomod
>         endif
105d137
<       set nomod
109c141,142
<     bwipe
---
>     " Wipe out the buffer we used.
>     exe newbufnr . "bwipe"

The svn version is the same with the cvs version. And it seems that
the svn version is much newer than the ftp version.

Regards,

E.L.Fox