Am Mittwoch, den 09.05.2007, 13:06 -0500 schrieb Tom Purl:
> We do have a Wikia site available if we want it
> (http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page).  I agree with you; it has a lot
> of nice features, and may give us a bit more flexibility than the
> wikibooks option.  I think we should revisit this topic once we're ready

The features are mostly the same. In fact all major extensions are
installed on wikibooks too. On any mediawiki try out the page
"Special:Version" to see all installed extensions:
http://wikibooks.org/wiki/Special:Version

Note the modules SpamBlacklist, UsernameBlacklist and ConfirmEdit
(Captcha)

Wikia.com is clearly aimed at making money with ads. Therefore I now
vote for wikibooks.org. :-)

Sebastian.