Michael Wookey wrote:

> I am running 7.1a.001 on OSX and have just noticed the following from
> console vim (running in Terminal.app and also occurs in iTerm.app).
>
> If I change the colour scheme I receive a lot of error output.  For
> example:
>
>     :colorscheme desert
>
> Results in:
>
>     Error detected while processing
> /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/colors/desert.vim:
>     line   27:
>     E254: Cannot allocate color khaki
>     E254: Cannot allocate color slategrey
>     line   36:
>     E254: Cannot allocate color gold
>     line   37:
>     E254: Cannot allocate color tan
>
> Other colour schemes produce similar output.  The error messages have
> only appeared for me in console vim on OSX (10.4.9 PPC).  They have not
> appeared in the linux or win32 console vims of 7.1a.001. GVim's on each
> of the platforms (OSX, linux, Win32) have worked fine.
>
> My console vim is symlinked as follows:
>
>     $ ls -l `which vim`
>     lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  40 Feb 28 14:33 /usr/bin/vim ->
> /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim
>
> These errors did not occur before 7.1a.001 and occurs on builds from CVS
> and SVN.  The errors still occur even with starting vim with:
>
>     vim -u NONE
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?

You apparently are missing the runtime/rgb.txt file.  It's part of the
extra archive.  Perhaps you didn't unpack it correctly?  You must have
unpacked it, since it contains src/gui_mac.c.  And you must not change
the directory structure, otherwise Vim.app can't be generated correctly.

--
>From "know your smileys":
 :-X    My lips are sealed