I pulled down latest sources from svn.sf.net.
Compiled under MSVS8 with the following featureset:
   set RUBY_PARAMS=
       RUBY=C:\bin\ruby
       DYNAMIC_RUBY=yes
       RUBY_VER=18
       RUBY_VER_LONG=1.8

   set COMMON_PARAMS=
       FEATURES=HUGE
       CSCOPE=yes
       %RUBY_PARAMS%
       DEFINES=-D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE

   nmake -f Make_mvc.mak %COMMON_PARAMS%
   nmake -f Make_mvc.mak all GUI=yes OLE=yes %COMMON_PARAMS%

Installed the build exes and dlls to c:\bin\vim\vim70f and ran install.exe.
When I right click on a file in explorer I get an MSVC Runtime error dialog:
   Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
   Runtime Error!
   Program: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
   R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
   Please contact the application's support team for more information

If I unregister gvimext.dll then the error goes away. If I install the gvimext.dll from vim64 or my prior vim70e, then the Edit with Vim functionality works fine.

Has anyone run into this before? Any ideas?
--
Daniel Einspanjer