Hi all,

I'm slapping together a quick syntax highlighting plugin for
LiveJournal's S2 code.  S2 has a special type of string that is
delimited by three quotes, which allows you to include quotes and
double quotes in the string, unescaped.  (This is useful for
quote-heavy stuff like HTML.)  It looks like this:

"""this is a "cool string" in which quotes - "" need not be escaped"""

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to fit this into my syntax
highlighting.  I guess my biggest problem is that I do not understand
the canonical string region declaration; this one is from c.vim:

syn region    s2String        start=+L\="+ skip=+\\\\\|\\"+ end=+"+

What in the world do those pluses mean?  And that queue of
backslashes?  I don't understand how those specifications follow
pattern syntax.

So anyway, I just want to make it parse everything between triple
quotes as a String.  How do I do it?

Thanks.

Max

--