Bit of a non-specific bug report, sorry.

When I press F5, the little window opens.
Except it will always be empty since I don't have any tag files.

I was hoping for some configuration items.

1.  Check if any tags are available
2.  If not, check if &path is useful
3.  If not, use $PATH (convert format where appropriate).

Or allow me to specify this from within my vimrc.

> Are you talking about running globpath()? This is possible,
> but won't recognize path entries with "**" etc.. I will try
> this out and see how it works out.

I thought this changed in Vim7.

Thanks,
Dave