"A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> >> my guess is :source $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim -- the script that cripples
> >> Vim in a not-very-successful attempt to make it more Windows-like. WTF,
> >> if you want a Windows-like editor, don't use Vim, use Notepad! IMHO
> >> mswin.vim is better done without.
> >>

> > Hey, it is not *that* bad :)
>
> Maybe I overreacted. OK, let's amend it: if you want a Windows-like editor,
> don't use Vim, use WordPad (in plaintext mode). I still won't recommend
> mswin.vim to anybody.

My preferred Notepad replacement is Notepad++
  http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
Syntax highlighting, a tabbed interface, handles Unix (LF-separated) files,
lightweight, etc.

It's not Vim, but it's a good fallback when dealing with people who don't want
to learn Vim.
--
/George V. Reilly  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.georgevreilly.com/blog/