Zdenek Sekera wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Meino Christian Cramer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 18 May 2006 18:43
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CurorLine, set cursorline: slow, slower, slowest ?!

From: "Yakov Lerner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:56:52 +0000

On 5/18/06, Meino Christian Cramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

VIM has a neat feature to highlight the line the cursor
is in. This
makes reading wide texts easier.

Unfortunatley (at least with my system) moving the cursor become
very slow.

Is there a way out (a config trich for example) or any
other thing to
get a fast cursor in a highlighted line ?

I am using:
xterm-256color
mrxvt
linux 2.6.16-16
AMD X2 64 3800+
vim7.0.017
I just tried scrolling with cursorline it on a maximixed
terminal (74
lines, 203 columns)
and it's *not* slow for me. I tried xterm, Konsole, mrxvt,
and urxvt.
Yakov

Hi Yakov,

thank you for your reply.
I forgot to mention that I am using vim, not gvim (!) and that
in my colorscheme the following was set:

hi Normal         ctermbg=lightgray  ctermfg=Black
hi CursorLine     ctermbg=White guibg=Grey90

What do you uses for your speedy vim ? :O)

Unfortunately, I have to confirm the original problem.
Running xterm-256colors with xterm16 colorscheme in  the
xterm, when the cursorline is highlighted, the cursor
movement becomes both slow and erratic.

Hmmm -- with a Dell Precision machine, linux (FC5), astronaut colorscheme, and a xterm-256, I see no problem with either or both cursorline and/or cursorcolumn.

Regards,
Chip Campbell