Eric Arnold wrote:
On 6/2/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Eric Arnold wrote:
> Have you tried resizing your command line:
>
> :set cmdheight=10

I have, and I still see the problem. Have you tried reproducing it? I
could, with no problem.

Yes, I see it now.  It only seems to happen with 'O", not 'i', etc.  I
see a little flash on the command line, so it seems that it does write
it to the command line, and then something overwrites/clears it.

I also am having problems with the 'u' and '^R'  undo/redo.  It isn't
doing what I expected.  If I enter

and replace 'c' with 'x', and undo, and replace 'a' with 'x', and try
to undo/redo/undo/redo, and I sometimes get 'a' and 'x' switching, but
sometimes I get

when I type 'u', kinda like it did 2 undo's, instead of the expected

Maybe I don't understand undo/redo, but it doesn't happen in my usual
'gvim' without -u NONE....

P.S.   :set report=0  doesn't seem to change anything.

With 'compatible' set, there is no recursive undo. Undo-undo is then (IIRC) the same as undo-redo. What happens with

   $ gvim --noplugin -N -u $VIM/vim70/vimrc_example.vim -U NONE foobar.txt

i.e., with 'nocompatible' and only the vimrc_example?