Kevin Old wrote:
On 6/7/06, Charles E Campbell Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kevin Old wrote:

> In version 6.3 (and as far as I can remember in Vim versions) it would
> return my cursor to the line I was at when I saved a file the next
> time I opened that file.
>
> It now returns me to the beginning of the file in Vim 7.

Check out tip http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/tip.php?tip_id=80 --
perhaps that'll help.

Regards,
Chip Campbell

Hi Charles,

Thanks for this, but I still don't understand.

I've set my viminfo in .vimrc to:

viminfo='20,"50

and it doesn't take me back to the line.  This is exactly how it was
set agains Vim 6.3.

I've read all the docs, but still for some weird reason, don't get why
it's not doing what I want it to.

Any help is appreciated,
Kevin
Does your vimrc source the vimrc_example, as I mentioned? If it doesn't, and you don't want to add

   source $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim

near the top of your vimrc (which is what I would do), then an alternate possibility (IMHO not as good, but tastes vary) is to copy into your vimrc the autocommand found near line 70 of the vimrc_example.vim