hmm, well ... this is as buggy as the java String.toUpperCase() method  ;-)

oracle for example does it right and leaves the sharp s as it is - because there is no upper case variant of it.
SQL> select upper('straße') from dual;

UPPER('
-------
STRAßE

my 2 cents,

martin

Bram Moolenaar wrote:

Jürgen Krämer wrote:

can anybody confirm this misbehaviour in VIM 7.0:

Starting

 gvim -u NONE -U NONE

and typing

 iStraßen<esc>0gUe

results in

 STRASSEn

(note the lower case 'n'). The same is true for

 iStraßen<esc>0veU

It seems that after converting the sharp s to 'SS' VIM does not account
for the now longer word and selection and leaves one character in lower
case for every sharp s it converted. Another example:

 iAußenstraßenschilder<esc>0gUe

leaves two lower case letters at the end of

 AUSSENSTRASSENSCHILDer

This happens on a German Windows XP with VIM 7.0 (patches 1-17 applied).

I see the problem.  I'll put it in the todo list.

begin:vcard
fn:Martin Kraegeloh
n:Kraegeloh;Martin
adr:;;Am Alten Pfarrhof 24;Oberbergkirchen;;84564;Germany
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:+49 8637 985806
tel;cell:+49 160 98943453
x-mozilla-html:FALSE