Hi,
 I was initially having some problems with backspace key, specially
in insert mode. In insert mode I was getting the ^? signs when
backspace is pressed. This got fixed by :fixdel
  Now the issue is that the backspace is not deleting chars *before*
the cursor, but after the ones after it, be it insert mode or command
mode.
  :help backspace was not helpful in this matter.

  Can you help me in this getting around this.
  My $TERM in shell is set as xterm (correctly). And stty erase is
also correct (which should not matter if fixdel has been invoked)
Regards,
SK