Hi Chip,

Via the GUI  menu Netrw > Settings/Options I see I do have:

let g:netrw_fastbrowse = 0

I tried setting it to 1 (not knowing what it should be set otherwise be set to) and no change in the flicker.

As I mentioned I do have v100 installed in .vim over whatever was built into the package from macvim.org

Nick

Nick Lo wrote:

And further to that: This does not happen in the non-gui/terminal version of Vim 7 I installed last night.

Nick

Actually on a bit more exploration it also seems that if you:

- Open that split file/netrw window
- :tabnew with a new file in
- Go to another OS X application
- Return to Vim
- Click the the split window and again the netrw window will have disappeared

If you just leave the split window alone open and return to Vim from another app the window flickers/refreshes momentarily.

With Fedora Core 5, I didn't see anything untoward.
The window flicker/refresh could be due to a g:netrw_fastbrowse=0 -- what is yours set to?

Regards,
Chip Campbell