Bram Moolenaar wrote:
Hari Krishna Dara wrote:

I found a problem with chaining function calls through the new
dictionary functions. Here is some code demonstrate the problem, if you
execute this code, the last line generates an E488 error, where as the
previous lines combines (they are equivalent) works fine.

let tt = {}
function! tt.TT()
  echomsg 'This is TT'
endfunction

let t = {'tt': tt}
function t.T()
  return self.tt
endfunction

let tmptt = t.T()
call tmptt.TT()
call t.T().TT()

You cannot call a function in the LHS of an assignment.

Forgive me, but which statement is not legal?
Thanks.

Richard

may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
copies of the original message.