On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 01:49:57AM +0100, dave--uk wrote:
> Having installed vim7.0, I'm getting the following error when I open
> httpd.conf
>
> Error detected while processing BufRead Auto commands for "httpd.conf*":
> E492: Not an editor command: auth_mysql.conf*,auth_pgsql.conf*,
> ssl.conf*,perl.conf*,php.conf*,python.conf*,squirrelmail.conf* call s
> :StarSetf('apache')
> Press ENTER or type command to continue
>
> The corresponding part of /usr/share/vim/vim70/filetype.vim reads:
>
> " Apache config file
> au BufNewFile,BufRead .htaccess                  setf apache
> au BufNewFile,BufRead
> httpd.conf*,srm.conf*,access.conf*,apache.conf*,apache2.conf*,/etc/apache2/*.conf*
> auth_mysql.conf*,auth_pgsql
> .conf*,ssl.conf*, perl.conf*,php.conf*,python.conf*,squirrelmail.conf*
> call s:StarSetf('apache')
>
> It looks like there is a comma missing here: "
> ,/etc/apache2/*.conf*>>,<<auth_mysql.conf*" .
>
> I don't know if this is a problem with the binary distribution I used
> or a more general issue, but I thought it was worth a mention here

     I think your filetype.vim is munged.  It is a little hard to figure
out, since (as I read them) the lines in your e-mail have been broken.
My copy (a little out of date, since I have vim 7.0 with no patches)
starts

" Vim support file to detect file types
"
" Maintainer:   Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
" Last Change:  2006 May 02

and contains the three(!) lines

" Apache config file
au BufNewFile,BufRead .htaccess                  setf apache
au BufNewFile,BufRead
httpd.conf*,srm.conf*,access.conf*,apache.conf*,apache2.conf*,/etc/apache2/*.conf*
 call s:StarSetf('apache')

In fact, a search for "auth" in my copy of filetype.vim fails.

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher