I am afraid that I have to agree with the complaint against drastically
changing the default color scheme. As a sight-impaired user I relied on the
color scheme that I was using before version 7.0. I did not create it myself; I
developed my own convention for using the color scheme that was there as a
default.

Now that the colors have change in a bad way (e.g. PERL comments are the same
color as PERL variables) I do not have time to invest in learning how to
program a new color scheme. My only solution right now is to try to uninstall
VIM and reinstall the old version.

For future versions I would encourage developers to offer changes to default
settings only as an option. There is of course the standards issue, but there
is also an accessibility issue that might not have been considered.

----
Bill Hollingsworth
University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory