On Aug 26, 2006, at 18:09, Gary Johnson wrote:

Pretty well.  The monitors have dual inputs, so I can switch them
easily between the two PCs.  I don't have a way to switch a keyboard
and mouse, though, so I have to shuffle the two keyboards and mice
around when I want to use one machine or the other.  That, plus not
being able to copy-and-paste between the two [...]

Have you tried Synergy? It allows you to share mouse/keyboard (and even clipboards) between machines. You will still have to hit the video selection buttons if you want to have both monitors on a single machine at once, but it solves the keyboard/mouse problem..
  http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/