On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 10:46:01PM EDT, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

[...]

>  My question: When using the \x (x := [1-9at]) commands from above,
>  they do simply nothing. I check with :map wheter there is anoter
>  maplocalleader defined but it ios not. Furthermore, the commands are
>  listed.

When I first atttempted to use plugins that required typing <leader>+<command>
such as the "\x" you mention above .. it did not work either.

What I later found was that I had to type the "\" and the following character(s)
fairly rapidly.  Otherwise the action would time out .. leaving me with just
the character(s).

But in your particular case this would amount to typing "x", which in command
mode would normally delete the character under the cursor.

So, I'm not sure this will help.

Thanks

cga