From: "Gene Kwiecinski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: glued Cursor trick anyone ?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:25:42 -0400

Hi Vim-O-Logics ! :)

 thank you very much for all your replies!

 Again I see, that I have to learn more and better English to be able
 to explain more exactly what I want to say -- I have to think better
 about it.

 (what follows is never meant as critism!!!...only as an additional
 explanation!)
 My initial wish was to seperate all three "tricks". An additional
 keysequence as a command to "perform" one of the tricks was wanted.

 So "nzz" and "Nzz" is more what I want than to "solder" the cursor
 onto the screen "forever and ever" with "set scrolloff=1000". Ah, by
 the way: The initial /<pattern> still jumps to a place whereever it
 wants to. Is there also a neat trick to "zz" the "/" ("Are you
 talking vim?", hihihihi ).

 Also CTRL-D/CTRL-U/CTRL-E/CTRL-Y are exactly what I needed for trick 3!

 I will try the script (thank you for attaching it, Yakov!!!) later.

 Have a nice evening (or whatever time is where you are :) !
 mcc