Eddy Zhao wrote:

> I'm use setting below to disable input method when enter normal mode
>
>   inoremap <ESC> <ESC>:set imd<CR>
>
> The setting works under window, but under linux the setting don't
> take effect.
>
> I'm using gvim 7.0, with xim support, under linux, desktop is ion3 .
> ":verbose  map! <Esc>" show:
>     <Esc>       * <Esc>:set imd<CR>
>
> How could I fix that? (I've searched through the mailing list archive,
> found a thread report the same  problem, but without final conclusion)

There must be something wrong with your build.  When Vim leaves Insert
mode, going back to Normal mode, it always disables the input method.
Thus your mapping will not have an effect (well, side effects perhaps).

--
If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the
human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its