On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 07:28:35PM +0800, Eddy Zhao wrote:
> 2006/11/6, Benji Fisher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
[snip]
> >     Part of the problem is that you defined the :map commands with <>
> >notation before setting 'nocp'.  From another post on this thread, I see
> >that you want to try this with gvim, not terminal vim.  So please try
> >
> >$ gvim -u NONE
> >:set nocp
> >:set laststatus=2 stl=%{&imd}
> >:inoremap <ESC> <ESC>:set imd<CR>
> >:nnoremap i :set noimd<CR>i
> >
> >and *then* try going from Normal mode to Insert mode and back with i and
> ><Esc>.  The status line should show the current value of the 'imdisable'
> >option.
> >

> This time status line output switch between "0" and "1"
> What it reveals ?

     This means that the 'imdisable' option is being set when you leave
Insert mode with <Esc>, and it is being reset when you enter Insert mode
with i, both as intended.  Thus the source of the problem is not what
you first guessed it was.

     Perhaps it would help if you described more precisely what is not
working the way it should (or the way you expect).

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher