Bill McCarthy wrote:

(snip -- discussion concerning having calendar.vim in AsNeeded)

Are \cal and \caL not defined when the plugin is in
AsNeeded?  (If you move it there, don't forget to do a
MkAsNeeded and, if you are not using the latest version of
AsNeeded, source plugin/ANtags.vim.)

BTW, I split plugin/calendar.vim into:

   plugin/calendarPlugin.vim
   autoload/calendar.vim

This give a nice small footprint for the plugin and thus
obviates the need for placing the original in AsNeeded.
AsNeeded doesn't set up transparent map use; my reasoning is that one may wish to have several plugins which have conflicting maps. Often one only wants to run one such plugin at a time. In particular, the cvscommand plugin and Calendar have conflicting maps. If I had AsNeeded attempt to set up transparent map use, then AsNeeded would "inherit" the conflicting map problem and issue complaints
at startup.

Regards,
Chip Campbell