I am having some trouble with Netrw in Vim 7.
I had been using it to ftp to a web server and update files.

I recently began receiving the following error(s) when running :Nread ftp://[EMAIL PROTECTED]/public_html/
ftp://[EMAIL PROTECTED]/public_html/ [not edited] --no lines in buffer--

If I try to edit the a file directly rather than attempting to navigate a directory, I get the following errors:
***netrw*** ?Invalid command.
***netrw*** file </tmp/v325706/11.html> not readable

I have Netrw v98 and have tried upgrading my version.
I downloaded netrw.vba.gz script version 104, and after removing all instances of 'anything' netrw*, I sourced the vimball. Unfortunately after installation I still show v98 and am still unable to :Nread ftp://...

Any suggestions on what to check or how to proceed would be greatly appreciated as I love this tool and really miss the
convenience Netrw provides.

Thanks,
Kevin