On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Alan G Isaac wrote:

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Bill McCarthy apparently wrote:
Instead of using an autocmd, you could place those maps in a
file called tex.vim in your local ftplugin directory.  Place
this single line in such a file:
    map <buffer> <c-a> :echo 'It worked!'<CR>
I did this. It worked. I didn't have a problem.

Suppose I have defined::
However my maps were map! <buffer>

in my tex_ai.vim file in my local ftplugin directory.
I create the buffer ``:e c:\temp.tex``
then I leave the buffer by deleting it ``:bd``
and then later I decide to reopen it ``:e c:\temp.tex``.
I tried this out, I didn't reproduce your errors.

BUT I had tried to rule this out: at the top of my plugin
I have::

   if exists("b:loaded_tex_ai")
           finish
   endif
   let b:loaded_tex_ai=1
I didn't do this however. Also, I use slackware. So, is there any OS
dependent settings in vim that could be causing this problem for you?

I know I'm not helping you. But just wanted to share my results.

Thanks,
Senthil.