Hi,

The :set lines=99999 columns=99999 does not really maxmize the Vim window.
Since there's still borders for the window, a maximized window have no
borders (AFAIK this is true for WinXP and KDE).

Since you are highly unlikely to use a Windows version other than English
and Chinese. The following method works:

    if has("gui_win32")       " NT Windows
        autocmd GUIEnter * :simalt ~x
    endif

Tony think the method is non-portable, that is true, if there's a portable
way to do the job, I will prefer the portable way. However, the :set
lines=99999 columns=99999 cannot do the same job as the :simalt can do, so
their must be a compromize. I would recommend the ":simalt" way until there
is a nature way for vim to cope with that.

--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606