--- Steve Hall wrote:

> From: ben lieb, Fri, February 09, 2007 12:54 pm
> > Steve Hall wrote:
> > > From: ben lieb, Fri, February 09, 2007 11:58 am

> into vim/gvim
> properly.
> > >
> > > It could just be a font issue, make sure your
> gvim font supports
> > > non-ASCII characters. (I find Courier New or
> Andale Mono provide
> > > extensive support.)
> >
> > I checked this out. I'm using gvim, and neither of
> the fonts you
> > mentioned are in the list available. I literally
> have thousands of
> > fonts on my machine however, so how does it choose
> which font are
> > available, and which are not? Is there a separate
> dir for them?
>
> So if you do
>
>   :set guifont=*
>
> you don't get a dialog displaying a list similar to
> what you see when
> you select a font in Notepad? I wonder if this is a
> build issue, where
> did you get your Vim?
>
> --
> Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]

I've just installed the standard Cygwin/X and gvim
package, and cutting and pasting from Word works fine.

My .vimrc sets "encoding=utf-8"

set guifont?
guifont=

So the default font seems to be okay.  Still I don't
know if the fonts that GTK/X/gvim uses covers all
unicode codepoints (i.e. all the possible characters
in unicode).

--
Frodak