On 15/02/07, Pete Johns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 03:31:21 +0100, Bram Moolenaar sent:
>>Web-based editor? Why not use Vim as your editor from within
>>Firefox? Works a treat for me!  ViewSourceWith
>><http://dafizilla.sourceforge.net/viewsourcewith/>
>
>Don't see something about Vim here...

Sorry, Bram, I should have mentioned that a little configuration
is required here. I should also mention that ViewSourceWith does
more than it says on the tin, insofar as you can do more than
viewing source with it. It provides a menu item for you to launch
your favourite text editor (Vim) from a textarea. I've been using
it for a while now under Windows. I suspect that to use it under
Linux then a shell script like the one you provided would be
needed.

I use ViewSourceWith under Windows & Linux and it doesn't need a shell
script: it polls for changes to the file (I guess), so it doesn't
matter whether gvim is forked or not.  However, It's All Text sounds
rather nice, so I may well switch to that now!

Al