From: "A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Vertical regexp
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:10:50 +0100

> Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> > From: "A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Re: Vertical regexp
> > Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 15:46:19 +0100

> >> It may depend on the structure of your file: if "the item below this item"
> >> is
> >> vertically aligned it will be relatively easy; if they aren't aligned, as
> >> in
> >> lines of comma- or tab-separated items of widely varying length, it is
> >> probably possible, but not in the same way; and it may require a function
> >> rather than a regexp.
> >>

> >> Best regards,
> >> Tony.
> >> --
> >> This is your fortune.
> >
> > Hi Tony,
> >
> >  sorry...I forgot to mention: It is a *very* simple aligned
> >  ASCII-table, <space> is used as seperator.
> >
> >  It looks like this one
> >
> >  <128 chars of hex-crc><2 spaces><item to compare><2 spaces><full path/file>
> >
> >  where "file" possibly contains "weird" characters (at least from the
> >  point of view of an unixxer) like spaces, braces, commata and so on
> >  -- everything which makes regexp more complicate and a headache in
> >  the evening ;)
> >
> >  Keep hacking!
> >  mcc
> >

> OK, well, check ":help pattern-overview", I'm sure you will find what you
> need. In addition, if you need to concatenate expressions to construct your
> pattern, you may want to check ":help :normal" and ":help :let-@".
>

> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> For some reason, this fortune reminds everyone of Marvin Zelkowitz.

Hi Tony!

 THANKS A LOT! :O)

 Its always a problem for a non-native English speaker like me to
 first translate a "what I want" in "the name for it" and then
 from (in my case) a "the name for it (german)" in "a name for it
 (english)" and vim has always some special terminus technicus for
 "what I want".....

 Previously I would never had thought, that "let-@" has something to
 do with my problem... ;)

 kind regards,