On 2/17/07, Larry Alkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I know every ex command starts with a colon.

Is the reverse true in every case?
Is _every_ command that starts with a colon an ex command?

Examples
:help           Is this an ex command?
:version        Is this?
:blahblah       This?

If you do ':help :help', move 11 lines below, thebn you can see the
sign {not in Vi}.

This means that :help is specific to vim and was not part
of the original ex and vi. Vim added huge number of new commands.
They are labeled as {not in Vi} in the help.

Regarding :blahblah, I doubt it is command that vim added to original vi,
unless you patched your copy of vim sources.

Yakov