Bram Moolenaar wrote:
Using the project name VimTips would be good.

Everyone here is used to the name "Vim Tips" so VimTips sounds good, but on a wiki I suggest that the name should be just "Vim".

It seems logical to me that a Vim Tips wiki would start with a (brief) page outlining what Vim is, then have links to other information. Links would include www.vim.org for core information, and a contents page for the wiki tips.

To be useful, the existing Vim Tips should be structured into some logical order (tips on navigation, search, status line, fonts, tags, etc). Perhaps the existing structure of Vim Help could be used.

OTOH the perfect is the enemy of the good, so perhaps you just want to move all tips as is, then have people slowly massage them into a coherent set of useful tips.

The wiki tips project would only be helpful after some severe editing IMHO. Some tips should simply be omitted (or held under a section with a name suggesting deprecation, like "Old Tips"). Other tips should be combined. Unfortunately these steps would involve author angst.

One good feature of the current Tips web site is that each tip is clearly written by a specific person who is prominently credited. That gives the author a good reason to correct errors and make updates. Traditionaly that would not be done in a wiki, and there may be some loss.

John