Hello,

I'm using the 'dwm' window manager in "tiled layout," which enforces a fixed-size window. http://www.suckless.org/wiki/dwm

Using gtk+ gvim 7.0.122, with some combinations of guifont and guioptions settings, the vim command line ends up half-outside its window. It seems like it miscalculates the proper value for 'lines' given the available real estate. Makes it difficult to see what I'm typing, and further it corrupts any command output written on the bottom line (such as that from :make or :!ls).

My temporary solution has to bind something to ':set lines-=1' and punch it every time the window manager makes gvim resize, but that's annoying.

If I switch dwm to "floating layout" (which does not strictly enforce window size) the problem goes away; the number of lines is rounded down to fit on the screen, and the window manager's window decorations shrink to match that.

The problem does not seem to occur with lesstif gvim, however, lesstif gvim does not support the anti-aliased truetype font that I like.

If anybody has seen or solved this problem already, I'd be grateful for info. I haven't ruled out the (fairly new, very minimalist) window manager as the culprit, which is why I'm asking for advice here rather than posting a bug report. :)

If a proper solution isn't immediately apparent, is there instead perhaps a way to hook into the resize event, so I can do ':set lines-=1' automatically?

Thanks,
-Mike