On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 07:16:58PM EST, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
> cga2000 wrote:
> >On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 06:04:46PM EST, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
> >>Tim Chase wrote:
> >>[...]
> >>>

> >>LOL. Must be at least $20 after adjustment, no?
> >
> >Isn't the other way 'round..?
> >
> >With 0.02 cents left for the list after adjustment?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >cga
> >

> Depends how much you reckon for inflation, and on which basis: two of
> George Washington's cents, plus inflation, would make a goodly sum
> nowadays, don't you think?

Yes, but as you no doubt realize, there is such a big difference in
terms of lifestyles between his time and ours that it's practically
impossible to make such comparisons just using the value of money as
your reference.

In a sense it's as bit as if for some reason you decided to move to, say
Guatemala .. where you would need to have access to quite a sizeable
income to keep up with the lifestyle of the average middle-class
Bruxellois .. but on the other hand you would live reasonably well on a
handful of euros a day if you went "native".

Just my two ..

no that's enough .. I won't say it.

:-)

Thanks,