Vigil wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
>
> >> in :help makeprg, I think the {$*} in the example ought to be ${*}. At
> >> least, it wouldn't work for me unless I did that.
> >
> > No, it's really $*.  This is replaced by Vim before passing the command
> > to the shell.
>
> $* and {$*} won't work in my ftplugin. This, however, does:
>
> setlocal makeprg=/usr/share/vim/vim70/tools/efm_perl.pl\ -c\ -w\ ${*}\ %
>
> Perhaps the braces are to get around ithe command being sourced from a file?

You apparently really want to pass ${*} to the shell command.  The help
for makeprg explains replacing $* with the name of the file, but you use
"%" for that.

This probably also works:

    setlocal makeprg=/usr/share/vim/vim70/tools/efm_perl.pl\ -c\ -w\ $*

No idea why you wanted to include the {}.  In the example it's for the
latex command.

--
SIGFUN -- signature too funny (core dumped)