Gene Kwiecinski wrote:
Let's say I open up a webpage, select some text and paste it into vim.
Then
all I see in vim is the text I see on the browser. While this is OK
most of
the times, sometimes I wish there is a way to paste the actual HTML
code
directly into the vim.

Selecting "view source of the webpage" and then copy pasting into vim
will
work. But it is very cumbersome and time consuming. So this is not an
option for me.

Wouldn't think so.  That's a function of the browser (what yanks the
text into the buffer to begin with), and not 'vim' (which only gets
what's handed to it).

Were you to put the yanked text to 'notepad', 'textpad', etc., it'd be
the same thing, just the plain unadorned text.

GIGO (garbage in, garbage out).

Fwiw, just use shortcuts to get to the source, whether
get there.  Can quite often be done in literally just 1 keystroke, so
I'm not sure why you say "this is not an option for me".  Finding the
section of the source you want to c&p *might* be more difficult if there
be a lot of repetitive words/phrases and you have a hard time isolating
the section, but a simple find-text (<^F>, etc.) should do the job
fairly well.  No?

And don't forget, quite a lot of times what's displayed by the c/p text
is incomplete, as you'd likely need the stylesheet (.css file) to make
sense of different classes, etc.  That's why I usually just pig the
whole page and all associated files, and *then* worry about narrowing it
down to the text I need.
curl www.yahoo.com | vim -

or from within vim

:r !curl www.yahoo.com