I recently installed vim 7.x and I'm very impressed with all the new
features, especially the new tab stuff ..

On the other hand, I'm sorry to say that there is _ONE_ feature that's
literally driving me _NUTS_.

If I hit the CTRL-P combo by accident .. "p" is very close to "[" ..
and I use CTRL-[ a lot .. well, some "popup menu" materializes out of
the blue ..  presenting me with a list of "completion" choices ..

Thanks, but I am not senile or otherwise mentally challenged  .. I know
what I want to type .. and most of the time vim does not ..  and since I
can type reasonably well .. I do _NOT_ need this completion "feature".

Is there any way I can turn of this completion popup .. ?

Since unwanted popups is one of the absolute evils of the web .. I'm
unsure why this should have become a default feature of the current
version vim and I sincerely hope it will cease to be the default with
the next release.

Maybe this might make some sense for GUI users .. but could it be left
our of the terminal version?

Thanks,
cga