madiyaan wrote:
Hello,

This isn't very related to Vim, but I found this font on Vim's wikipedia
webpage:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Vim-%28logiciel%29-console.png

Can anyone identify this font for me? It looks very good for programming.

Thank you very much,

That's the 80x25 font cooked into the PC ROM-BIOS.

To use it on Windows: open a Dos Box, then select Alt-Space => Properties
Select 80 columns, 25 lines and "Full screen" display.

On Linux: hit Ctrl-Alt-Fn (with n in the range [1..6]), then log in with username and password.

I don't think that font is available on Motorola Macs (including Power PCs). It may or may not be available in Intel Macs but I don't know how to get at it. Maybe the same way on OS X as on Linux above, I'm not sure.

In both cases, you can then invoke Vim as "vim" (not "gvim"). For Windows, you'll need a console version (compiled as "vim.exe") for that. On Linux, a single binary can do double duty as Console Vim and as gvim GUI.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of APL, I shall
fear no evil, for I can string six primitive monadic and dyadic
operators together.
                -- Steve Higgins