From: Jagpreet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:00 PM
To: vim@vim.org
Subject: how to ..... compiler

Hi There,

   I can't make use of built-in compiler facility in vim.
        Tried the help files(quickfix and FAQ) as well but couldn't get much
about the same.

I want to compile a project, where the files are distributed among different
directories.
I have my own makefile but want to make use of vim's facility for the same (
much like turbo C where U get a spilte window where errors are marked).

Further I came across a script
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=213 which provides similar
kinda utility about the same.

But again not much details mentioned in the doc file(csupport.txt) about
external make.

How can I run my makefile(external) within vim. Further How to check and add
,if missing, compiler support in vim( say HP-UX xompiler aCC).

I'm using Console version of vim via putty.

Regards,
Jagpreet