On 2007-05-31, Jagpreet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi There,
>
>    I can't make use of built-in compiler facility in vim.
>       Tried the help files(quickfix and FAQ) as well but couldn't get much
> about the same.
>
> I want to compile a project, where the files are distributed among different
> directories.
> I have my own makefile but want to make use of vim's facility for the same (
> much like turbo C where U get a spilte window where errors are marked).
>
> Further I came across a script
> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=213 which provides similar
> kinda utility about the same.
>
> But again not much details mentioned in the doc file(csupport.txt) about
> external make.
>
> How can I run my makefile(external) within vim. Further How to check and add
> ,if missing, compiler support in vim( say HP-UX xompiler aCC).

Everything you need to know should be here,

   :help quickfix

and especially here,

   :help make_makeprg

If you already have a working Makefile, and you build your code from
the shell prompt by executing "make", then you should be able to
start vim in the directory where you execute "make" in the shell and
simply execute

   :make

within vim.  If that doesn't work, then tell us exactly what you
tried and exactly what the results were.

As for support for HP's aCC, there is a compiler plugin already for
that compiler, $VIMRUNTIME/compiler/hp_acc.vim.  You can invoke the
settings in that file by executing

   :compiler! hp_acc

Do that before you execute ":make".  See

   :help :compiler

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Mobile Broadband Division