Martin Toft wrote:

>Maybe somebody wonders why it avoided my attention when writing and
>testing the patch in the firste place.  The reason is that, on my
>development machine, the problem only occurs in gvim and only when
>debugging information is not compiled in.

I assume you mean compiling with the -g flag.  In my experience having
the presence of
debugging information compiled in affecting the output of a program
usually means that
there's a bad pointer somewhere.  May I suggest compiling with efence?
It'll run slow but
will catch a lot more pointer bugs.

Regards,
Chip Campbell